New PlanetCNC TNG software released!

CNC USB Controller Software

Same Firmware Update fail

Postby HobbyCAD » 22 Apr 2017, 02:52

I started up my ECO card plugged into USB only, no external connections were made. I opened up my CNC USB Controller software, and entered the activation code you sent me. The card activated correctly. I set up the parameters, and checked the functionality by opening up a G-Code cut file. All the on-screen functions worked correctly, the file went through the complete cutting sequence.

I then wanted to check out your new TNG software. I downloaded the TNG Beta software. Starting the software, I loaded the same G-code file, all seemed fine, as the parameters of the file displayed correctly on the settings tabs, such as the 100% RPM being the speed set in the G-code file.. I then proceeded on trying to obtain the TNG license. I went to the Activation Code Generator Tab. It showed the correct device and serial number in the Device List, but the Code field did not populate with a generated activation code. I then decided to do the Driver and Card Firmware update.

Looking in the PC Device Manager window, I could see the PlanetCNC device, with the Controller as a sub-tab. Checking the Driver tab, I could see the driver was v1.0.0.1, the correct one.

I then went to the TNC software, File, Settings, Connection tab, I could see the correct controller below the Simulation entry. I then went to the Machine, Controller, Firmware Update tab, and selected update. The progress bar on the bottom right of the TNG application window showed update activity, but then a red Failed Firmware Update window popped up.

My PC now no longer recognizes the controller. I have restarted, re-installed the updated driver, no luck. My PC, and a second PC, no longer recognizes the card when plugged into a USB port.

Please advise how I could recover the functionality of my card.
HobbyCAD

Controller: Mk3

Re: New PlanetCNC TNG software released!

Postby mswrites » 25 Apr 2017, 17:16

1/ Is there a manual for this new software
2/ Is there a conversion from old software. Like a templet
3/ How can I restore to defaults
4/ How do I reverse axes
mswrites

Postby Jimmydee004 » 02 May 2017, 18:04

I asked this question sometime ago and received no reply. I don't know if it was misunderstood or if I offended someone. If so, that was not my intent. I asked:

I have been using your MK3/4 controller and software for sometime now to run Arnold. My cnc is a three axis. Is there any reason for me to upgrade?

Looks like there is a bit involved to convert to the TNG software.

Jim Markevitch
Grapevine, TX

I like to stay abreast of the latest software but only if there is a benefit.
Jimmydee004

Controller: Mk1

Postby bdinger » 10 Jun 2017, 02:11

I managed to install the software, and update the firmware but how do I get the licence working? Do I need a new licence?
I don't seem to be able to roll the firmware back in the old software either, that gives me an 'unknown error' so now I'm in limbo with a simulation only :(
bdinger

Controller: Mk2

Postby Support » 15 Jun 2017, 14:19

Please follow steps from this link in order to successfully update your MK3,Mk3/3 or Mk3ECO controller with TNG software, obtain TNG activation code, TNG license or how to revert back to old CNC USB controller software:
https://planet-cnc.com/list-essential-p ... tutorials/

Please NOTE:
TNG software is supported only with Mk3 series of controller: Mk3, Mk3/4, Mk3ECO
Old CNC USB controller license does not work with TNG software. Please see steps above for obtaining TNG license. If you have old license you do not need to purchase tng license.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby rexcobey » 31 Aug 2017, 15:48

hi,

i am new on this, i would like to know on how to setup the slave axis on this software.
rexcobey

Controller: Other

Postby Support » 01 Sep 2017, 10:04

Support

Postby PCSM-CNC » 13 Sep 2017, 09:03

Yesterday i tryed to upgrade to the new Software.
First i made an update for the driver -> successful
Second i installed the new Software to my Computer -> successful
In the settings, controller will be found but updating firmware faild

"MK3 (v1) controller version is incorrect! Update controller to lastest version first"

I made firmwareupdate befor in the old version of PlanetCNC -> successful
Firmwareupdate in new TNG ->
"MK3 (v1) controller version is incorrect! Update controller to lastest version first"

Somebody have this problem too? How to fix?
is it possible to import settings from old version?
is there a german translation?
PCSM-CNC

Postby Support » 13 Sep 2017, 09:53

Old version of CNC USB should be V2.10.1707.1201: https://planet-cnc.com/software/
Support

Postby PCSM-CNC » 13 Sep 2017, 18:54

Is it possible to use my Controller with the new Software?

There are no answers in your post
PCSM-CNC

Postby Support » 14 Sep 2017, 07:01

I wrote this:
Please NOTE:
TNG software is supported only with Mk3 series of controller: Mk3, Mk3/4, Mk3ECO
Old CNC USB controller license does not work with TNG software. Please see steps above for obtaining TNG license. If you have old license you do not need to purchase tng license.

Yes, you have Mk3 as far as I read from your posts, so you can use TNG software.
Support

Postby PCSM-CNC » 14 Sep 2017, 08:09

Ok thank you.
But why is it failed by updating firmware?
What can i do to fix?
Is there a german translation for the TNG software?
PCSM-CNC

Postby Support » 20 Sep 2017, 10:50

Support

Previous

Return to Software