The Z-axis goes longer then the soft limit

The Z-axis goes longer then the soft limit

Postby flyingpickles » 15 Feb 2016, 19:42

Hello I have a machine with 8 axis all axis stops exactly at the value that I have told it stop in the soft limit. Except the negative value for the Z axis. It always goes like 1/10 mm to long so that the E-stop in the software activates. And if I deactivate the E-stop it doesn't work either until I press the E-stop two more times. Then I can move the Z-axis again. Or if I press the E-stop once and then press the step-jog-arrow once then I can jog it as normal again.

All other axis works good and I can not find that I have some special settings for the Z-axis.

best regards: Flyingpickles
flyingpickles

Controller: Mk2

Re: The Z-axis goes longer then the soft limit

Postby Support » 16 Feb 2016, 08:42

Are you still using so low SPU value? Try using higher SPU values for all of your axes if possible, 200-800 SPU and post results.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby flyingpickles » 16 Feb 2016, 20:28

If I change the SPU the scale for the machine will change so 1000 mm will be like 324 mm or so. Or do you mean that I shall putt a gearbox to the motors so I have to use a higher SPU? But I still donĀ“t understand way all the other axis works good and the Z-axis does not...

best regards: Flyingpickles
flyingpickles

Controller: Mk2

Postby Support » 17 Feb 2016, 09:13

SPU should not change the working table dimensions.

Could you send the last version of settings file? You sent one that does not have Z axis defined, instead is it used as X axis slave.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Return to Mk2 controller