Homing Problems - X axis

Homing Problems - X axis

Postby booktagon » 16 Nov 2015, 09:16

I recently purchased a Probotix V90 MK2 w/ Linux CNC. When I turn on the computer, the digital router icon is positioned in the lower left corner of the digital router, and when I click "home all," it attempts to re-position the physical router starting from this point even though the physical router is in the center of the table (or wherever it was positioned when I last shut off the machine). It homes correctly on the Y axis, but for the X axis, it never senses that it is already at the far left side of the workspace and attempts to proceed even further.

Physically, the router gets locked in position as it attempts to move further left. On screen, the digital router travels in increasing negative values far beyond the digital border of the machine. I have to then stop the machine, manually reposition the router, shut off the machine, and try again.

No luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
booktagon

Controller: Mk2

Re: Homing Problems - X axis

Postby Support » 17 Nov 2015, 12:02

Are you using our controller and our PlanetCNC software? Since you wrote also LinuxCNC.

If you are using Mk2 controller please use latest STABLE version:
http://www.planet-cnc.com/files/CNCUSB_20151104.zip

This bug was present in older versions but now it should be fixed.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Homing Problems X axis

Postby Georgelaw » 29 Mar 2016, 18:24

Hi Rufi,
We are using the settings listed in the manual. Its hard to get a feel for what the numbers should be when we cannot run the axis.

Any better numbers to start with would be a help?

Regards

Graham
Georgelaw

Controller: Probotix Mk1

Return to Mk2 controller