PBX usb and wiring to st330 driver

PBX usb and wiring to st330 driver

Postby wrongway » 26 Feb 2016, 04:44

I have a probotix pbx usb controller MK1 v1.2 and have tried to get my st330 stepper drivers working had them hooked up to a 6560 board and running linuxcnc LPT board worked great all I did was unhook them and hooked them up to my usb board only different is the I am wiring them with the step/dir 5+ and en with the screw term. and not the 4 wire molex connector nothing else has changed but I can see there is no signal to them as the green light does not flash on the st330 until I unhook the en from gnd and 5+ from the 5+ then the only time I get a flash from the green light is when I rub the 5+ wire on the 5+ and its just a quick flash and a tiny bit of motor movement and when I hooked the board up for the first time with a new computer as my last one blew up not with the board hooked up but a light show I did and now is it suppose to have a red solid LED and a flashing green LED?
Please can some one help me as I really would like to get my machine going
Thank You for any help wireing diagram and or ideas of whet to try as I am lost and have tried for over a week to get the motors to move and a signal to the st330 boards
wrongway

Controller: Mk1

Re: PBX usb and wiring to st330 driver

Postby Support » 26 Feb 2016, 07:37

Try changing the settings in software:
File/Settings/Axes/Motor Enable-> "Motor enable" and "Invert"

Also:
http://www.planet-cnc.com/faq/driver_opto/
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Re: PBX usb and wiring to st330 driver

Postby wrongway » 27 Feb 2016, 00:23

thank you for the help after a smoke and light show and stinking up the house :mrgreen: blow up a stepper driver I did a step back checked all the wiring(I had some wired very wrong) :roll: I straiten it out and all works great:

IT'S ALIVE

now the next thing is how to speed it up it is so slow as fat as I can tell but it is still just motors and controller siting on my table before I put it all together

now on with the show
wrongway

Controller: Mk1

Return to Mk1 controller