Mk1 by buildyourcnc.com no estop pin??

Mk1 by buildyourcnc.com no estop pin??

Postby Phukdat » 04 Oct 2014, 16:17

I purchased a mk1 board from buildyourcnc.com. I am controlling a 3 axis small milling machine. I have limits on all axis and I am using a movable tool sensor.
I have found that the board is not the exactly the same as the mk1 on planetcnc.com. It does not have the five extra pins like ext and rst and such. Without the ext pin, how do I connect an estop to the board?

Also, does the mk1 support soft limits? My soft limits are grayed out and I can not select them.
Thanks,
James
Phukdat

Controller: Mk1

Re: Mk1 by buildyourcnc.com no estop pin??

Postby Support » 06 Oct 2014, 08:23

No, unfortunately Mk1 does not support "Soft Limits".

This is written on Buildyourcnc.com :"This is a board designed by BuildYourCNC. For questions and support please contact us directly". If you will have no luck with them, then report back to us, and we will try to find the answer.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby Phukdat » 07 Oct 2014, 19:26

I contacted buildyourcnc.com. They omitted the "ext" pin for whatever reason. They told me that I can use one of the axis limits and wire in series or parallel as needed for my configuration. Figured I would post it just in case the question arises again.
Phukdat

Postby RTristani » 28 Oct 2014, 23:57

I have the same Build-Your-CNC board. The cabinet that houses the stepper motor controllers also houses the controllers' power supply, AND a PC computer power supply. The PC computer supply powers some large CPU cooling fans that blow filtered air into the cabinet, "hopefully" keeping a slight positive air pressure in it. I am "planning" (which means I haven't wired it yet) on using a 12V DC output from the PC power supply to activate a NO relay. When the relay is activated, it will close, allowing power to go to the motor controllers' power supply. My thinking is that if I put an e-stop on that 12V line to the relay, that I can kill motor movement with an e-stop.

Of course I have no experience in actually doing this, so any hints would be appreciated.
RTristani

Postby Support » 29 Oct 2014, 15:31

This should work just fine.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby BYCNC-Derek » 06 Jan 2016, 22:42

This is Derek from BuildYourCNC. BuildYourCNC's version of the USB Controller has always had the EXT pin, any other information given has been erroneous. It is located under the ICSP header. I am attaching a picture to illustrate.

ISCPUSBboard.jpg
BuildYourCNC USB Controller
ISCPUSBboard.jpg (221.29 KiB) Viewed 978 times
BYCNC-Derek

Return to Mk1 controller