thc floating head

CNC USB Controller Software

thc floating head

Postby 125dduffy » 08 Sep 2015, 17:55

hi can anyone help me am using a mk1 controller form buildyourowncnc.com am trying to setup a floating head for my plasma table I have the moving parts working fine and I have it wired to my z limit I have it set it up to work as a tool sensor to find the top of the work and that works fine but how can I set up the g code so that it does the procedure and zeros the z height automatic before it cuts each new part during a running programme
plus I want to use sheetcam but does anyone now what post processor will work with this software
am really stuck wasted days on this would love a little help thanks.
125dduffy

Controller: Mk1

Re: thc floating head

Postby Support » 10 Sep 2015, 07:33

Mk1 does not support THC function, which is used with external THC controller that controller the Z axis so that machine is cutting always on the same distance from the surface.

Our Mk3 series of controllers support G10 g-codes which can be used in the beginning of a program and can initiate the offset measurement and offset setting. The absolute value for Z is changed but you could use it like you have mentioned.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby tineoh » 22 Nov 2017, 18:18

Greetings, I have a USB controller by probotix (PBX-USB). Does this board support the Z floating head feature?

Best regards.
tineoh

Controller: Mk2

Postby Support » 23 Nov 2017, 08:35

PlanetCNC forum will be closing.

There are multiple reasons, mainly spam, because of which we need to constantly maintain the forum which prevents from users have quick support.

Main support operates via support tickets on our home page: https://planet-cnc.com/support/
We really recommend that for any support questions or info regarding our products, you use this ticketing system.

You can also use our support mail at: support@planet-cnc.com

We will continue our community support forum on CNCZONE: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/planetcnc/

On CNCZONE users can discuss anything related to PlanetCNC or CNC.

PlanetCNC Support team
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Return to Software