CALIBRATION ISSUES

CNC USB Controller Software

CALIBRATION ISSUES

Postby bsc95 » 03 Nov 2017, 09:45

Hi there!

I am using a CNC 3020T with your USB CNC Controller software and I am having problems with the calibration process.
I have used the "axis SPU calibration" in File>>settings>>Axes. I am able to calibrate the distance on a displacement of 100mm on positive X direction after some iterations. However, after that, if I command it to move the same 100mm in the negative X, it travels way farther (around 145mm) and I ignore why.
First I thought it could have to do with a mechanical issue on the machine, but I reversed the direction of the axis so that a command to move in the positive would move in what previously was negative direction. then I calibrated in the positive direction just as before (but now physically moving in the opposite sense), and when I commanded it to move 100mm in the negative it still moved longer than it should.

The same occurs with the Y axis.
I tried the traversing at different speeds at it didn't solve it either.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me understand why the SPU seem to change depending on the direction of movement within the same axis, and how I could solve this problem. I have the feeling I am missing on something related to the settings of the device.

Thanks.
Attachments
set.setting
Settings file
(49.88 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
bsc95

Re: CALIBRATION ISSUES

Postby Support » 03 Nov 2017, 10:45

PlanetCNC forum will be closing within next month.

There are multiple reasons, mainly spam, because of which we need to constantly maintain the forum which prevents from users have quick support.

Main support operates via support tickets on our home page: https://planet-cnc.com/support/
We really recommend that for any support questions or info regarding our products, you use this ticketing system.

You can also use our support mail at: support@planet-cnc.com

We will continue our community support forum on CNCZONE: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/planetcnc/

On CNCZONE users can discuss anything related to PlanetCNC or CNC.

PlanetCNC Support team
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Return to Software