Bought a clone from China, can I buy a license?

CNC USB Controller Software

Bought a clone from China, can I buy a license?

Postby grafnugi » 23 Aug 2017, 23:13

Hello all,

So I recently bought a CNC router from China on ebay, totally unaware that they would be shipping me a clone and a bootleg CD for the software- the CD I quickly lost, so I went online and downloaded the software from the legitimate source, and tried to use it... for some reason (now i know) it would only let me do 25 moves, so I tried updating the firmware... now I get a message saying I dont have a license, and when I found the bootleg CD, the bootleg software would no longer operate the CNC machine since I had updated the firmware!!

Help! I am now stuck with a non-operational CNC router, a big aluminum paperweight, and two versions of software that do not operate it!

I am more than willing to purchase a license, if that will solve my problem... can someone explain what my next move should be? I'd really like to get this thing running, as I have a lot of projects for it (not to mention the $500+ I spent on the thing!) I have no problems paying the developers, I just want to know if buying a license for a bootleg CNC is even going to solve my problem!

Thanks in advance.
grafnugi

Controller: Chinese clone

Re: Bought a clone from China, can I buy a license?

Postby Support » 01 Sep 2017, 10:01

Hi,

Many, many users got tricked into buying these machines/controllers. Now, while machine itself is pretty solid product, there is no mentioning that controller that is included is a fake.

Looks like you have one of Chinese counterfeit boards: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=520
We do not support these boards and therefore we cannot be responsible for any hardware or license malfunction.

These boards are based on our first Mk1 controller which is obsolete and is not supported.
Many of its features are outdated and there is no software/firmware development.
It has a small buffer and weak processor, which reflects on bad machine performance.

You can purchase original controller and/or license in our web shop:
http://planet-cnc.com/products/

At the end of the day we understand your struggle, you could not know what you are buying.

Best regards,
Team PlanetCNC
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Re: Bought a clone from China, can I buy a license?

Postby Support » 01 Sep 2017, 10:02

Support

Controller: Many controllers

Return to Software