Posting VFD configuration instructions

General topics about everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Postby Support » 04 Aug 2015, 09:59

Lately there has been a lot of questions here on forum as also on our support mail regarding controlling your VFD devices via PlanetCNC output board. Usually problem is represented with wrong configuration of VFD parameters.

That is why we are asking for a favor everyone that uses our output board with their VFD and have successfully configured VFD's parameters and connected it with output board, that you post the parameter configuration for specific VFD here in this topic.

This would help to a lot of users that are battling with their VFD's and how to properly configure them. Since there is a lot of different VFDs it would be very welcome to have instructions for a large number of different manufacturers and therefore help wide range of users.

Thank you for your time,
Team PlanetCNC
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Re: Posting VFD configuration instructions

Postby SpindleJockey » 11 Aug 2015, 21:38

re: Wiring Output Board to VFD (Physically Configuring)

I have an MK3 controller, an Output Board, a Delta Series-C VFD (professionally-programmed) and a high-quality 2.2kW spindle. It’s a pretty standard setup.

I have read all manuals and FAQ guides; however, it is still not clear how to wire the output board to the VFD. There is a FAQ sheet that describes how to wire the controller to the output board, but what is missing is how to wire the output board to the VFD . . . or at least some general information about how this would be done.

Obviously the 1-10V and Gnd outputs from the output board are connected to the 0-10V (Delta's AVI) and analog signal common (Delta's ACM) analog control inputs on the VFD. What is troubling is how to wire the "Forward-Stop Command" control input on the VFD. In other words, what outputs from the output board are used to provide the spindle start/start signal inputs to the VFD (Delta's FWD and digital common terminals)?

Is there a manual that support the output board, describing each of the inputs and outputs as well as providing example wiring schemes for common uses (i.e., controlling a VFD, etc.)? If not, this would be very useful for those of us that are configuring machines using your controllers and output boards with VFDs and spindles.

Thank you.

Tom the SpindleJockey
Attachments
Delta C200 VFD.JPG
Delta's C200 Wiring Diagram
Delta C200 VFD.JPG (125.01 KiB) Viewed 6420 times
SpindleJockey

Postby Mar_cone » 27 Dec 2015, 19:54

Hello,
some of you can help me connect a MK3 + OutputBoard to an inverter Toshiba VF-nC3? I connected the GND pin and 10 volts of DC OutputBoard respectively to pins CC and VI inverter but then I do not know how to connect the other. The inverter parameters I have already settled but do not know how to physically connect the two devices.
Thank you
Mar_cone

Controller: Mk3

Postby Support » 28 Dec 2015, 10:45

What do you mean with the other? Other inputs of VFD such as forward, reverse start/stop?

Please contact us at support@planet-cnc.com
Support

Postby DanielTorJJ » 21 Dec 2016, 16:43

Can anyone please provide some instructions on how to include pictures in a post?

Thanks
DanielTorJJ

Controller: Mk3

Return to General topics