Geckodrive G320x

Geckodrive G320x

Postby Johnny Bravo » 07 May 2017, 19:44

Have two of these drives going on a Cnc lathe,using the original brushed Sem servo motors and using the Mk3 controller. Have looked ,but cannot find a valid link to a wiring diagram. All pretty self explanatory,apart from the Error/ reset pin on the geckodrive, pin 5. Where/how/what is that connected to ?
Cheers
Johnny
Johnny Bravo

Controller: Mk3

Re: Geckodrive G320x

Postby Johnny Bravo » 10 May 2017, 18:13

Anyone?
Need to get this up and running....
Johnny Bravo

Postby Support » 17 May 2017, 09:35

http://www.geckodrive.com/support/motor-control-manuals/dc-servo-drives/g320x-rev-10.html

The voltage on this terminal is +5VDC when the G320X is functioning normally. The voltage on this terminal goes to 0VDC whenever the FAULT indicator is lit. This output can be used to signal your controller that an error has occurred.

Error pin on Mk3 controller uses Pull-Up to 5v in normal mode, when this pin is grounded then E-stop is activated. Se sentence above.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby Johnny Bravo » 21 May 2017, 17:13

Thanks for clearing that up. Now, I am using your break out board and that error pin is connected to ground. Could I slave another axis to both the x and z axis, ( Its controlling a lathe), and then make a new connector and plug into the board only to get use of those error pins? My thinking behind this is that if ,for whatever reason the drives get overloaded,it will activate the e stop.

What are the connectors used on the board called? Can I get the same compatible plug with solder on terminals instead of the ribbon cable type?

Cheers
Johnny
Johnny Bravo

Return to Mk3 controller