Slave axis homing procedure

Slave axis homing procedure

Postby Kirk_Subic » 08 May 2016, 04:51

I have build a lager CNC router machine, 2500mm x 1700mm x 400mm work area and have 2 ball spindles on the Y-axis.
The left is assigned as master on Y axis and the right is assigned as slave of axis 2 in the settings. The machine is working fine in general.

I have not hooked up end and homing switches yet but am about to do that in very near future.

The machine can do milling and in generel is working fine, but because of the large distance between the two Y axis guides, there is some natural flexibility and not 100% aligned in the mechanics.
I can manually adjust the position of the right axis, before putting power on the servo motors, for the machine to make very close to 90 deg. cuts.

I want to have this adjustment built into the homing function but I can not see in the settings how to install separate homing switch for the slave axis?
There are two ways I see this to be done:

Both master and slave axis to move simultaneous towards their homing switch. Upon reaching the switch only adjust travel on one of the spindle.

Only have homing switch on the master spindle. Upon reaching that, lock the slave spindle and adjust travel on the master switch.

Any suggestions how I can make that, or a completely different way to do it?
Kirk_Subic

Controller: Mk3

Re: Slave axis homing procedure

Postby johjoa » 26 May 2016, 09:48

Following.

Im buliding simular machine and also wounder about this.

/johjoa
johjoa

Controller: Many controllers

Postby Support » 27 May 2016, 11:17

Sorry for such delay, looks like i have missed your post.

Please read this post, one users solutions:
http://forum.planet-cnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1631&p=10134&hilit=squaring#p10134
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby Kirk_Subic » 30 May 2016, 23:24

Wow, that's a complicated solution.
Is there really no way around this in the controller board?

Is there any plan of tackling this option in the future within the software. All the inputs for switches are available on the controller board already.
Kirk_Subic

Postby Kirk_Subic » 23 Apr 2017, 13:12

Hi Support.

Its been a year since my question if there are any plans of incorporating a procedure for "auto squaring" on a machine using 2 motors in "master / slave" mode?
My argument is all inputs for connecting switches are there allready.

Best regards,
Kirk
Kirk_Subic

Return to Mk3 controller