License...not given enough information to set up properly!

License...not given enough information to set up properly!

Postby dg3636 » 10 Sep 2017, 21:10

Hi,

I purchased the Mk3/4 card from OpenBuildsPartStore.com . I was willing to pay >$200 for something that worked very well and was a complete solution for hardware and software. But right now I cannot get past the licensing. I entered the code provided without any explanation from Open Builds and it does not work. My unit number is 10484, and its appearance matches that of the authentic card (and Open Builds is a reputable dealer).

This looks like potentially good product. But I am afraid I may have to return it and get something else because of this basic flaw of unclear license procedure.

Best,

Dan
dg3636

Controller: Mk3

Re: License...not given enough information to set up properl

Postby Support » 12 Sep 2017, 10:12

We apologise for lack of support regarding license activation: https://planet-cnc.com/how-to-activate-import-request-and-export-license/

You copy paste only bottom line of the license code.

When purchased from us, we provide user with necessary link that help user with activation. I will notify Openbuilds.

FYI: We recently released new motion software PlanetCNC TNG. It is far more advanced and superior to CNC USB controller software.

Here are steps on how to update your controller with PlanetCNC TNG and how to obtain and activate license for TNG: https://planet-cnc.com/obtaining-license-planetcnc-tng-software/
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby Support » 12 Sep 2017, 10:13

Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby dg3636 » 12 Sep 2017, 10:41

As you suggest, I think that making Open Builds aware of the incompatibility of the newest software with the code that they send, and more clear upfront explanation to the end user of the license procedure (e.g. maybe a written instruction sheet included with the board on how to license), there should be no issue. You were very quick to reply with the appropriate license information, so there is no trouble there -- I appreciate that.

I am just learning the software, but it looks rather intuitive and I had no trouble communicating with the board and controlling my machine with the newest program after installing the firmware V2 update. Simple.
dg3636

Controller: Mk3

Return to Mk3 controller