Arduino - Roland PNC 3000 - RAMPS 1.4 - DRV8825

Arduino - Roland PNC 3000 - RAMPS 1.4 - DRV8825

Postby benaust » 21 Aug 2016, 09:53

Hi Guys

Very new to this and will sound novice.

I have an old Roland PNC 3000 Milling machine. It is mechanical/Stepper motor sound, but the mother board is gone. Had used it while back, good and accurate machine, but as I said old and outdated.

I have purchased a kit or sort of a kit that has "3D Printer 1x Mega 2560 R3 + 1x RAMPS 1.4 control panel+5pcs DRV8825 for Arduino".

I have looked at the stepper motors and the detail on the back is (2-Phase, 0.9 Deg/Step, 6 Wires, Vexta Oriental Motor, DC 5.4V, 1.5A), does not make a hell of a sense to me, but I am sure to most of you guys it would.

I like to see first if it is possible to combine the both "Machine and the Electronics", I am not very sure as yet what I like to use it as, but maybe a 3D Printer or light Milling Machine,...

I am wondering if someone could help and guide me to a right direction. I have searched the net have some info, but I am not sure where to start or if it is possible or right to do this, using Arduino for example.

I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks

Ben
benaust

Controller: None

Re: Arduino - Roland PNC 3000 - RAMPS 1.4 - DRV8825

Postby Support » 24 Aug 2016, 08:24

This is a PlanetCNC support forum, in which we help users that use our controller.
Since you use Arduino controller which is not our product it is difficult to offer you a good support.

Here is wiring diagram for connecting controller, driver and motor:
http://planet-cnc.com/how-to-connect-motor-driver-with-optoisolated-inputs/

You need to find information on how to connect wires from your motor in order to get 4 wires (2 phases, +A,-A and +B,-B) so that you connect it to your motor driver.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Return to DIY