Limits and Outputs not functioning in DIY board?

Limits and Outputs not functioning in DIY board?

Postby Mac_Ha » 06 Sep 2014, 18:04

Hello Andrej! Finally I finished my DIY board, and connected to my Sherline CNC-converted mill, using the famous Chinese TB6560-based 4-axes steppers controller. Not without issues, mostly to correctly match the Dir/Step pins, and figure out how to get the Enable signal (about that in a moment), but finally I got the steppers running as expected, and even ran the square and circle examples from the manual.

However there are two problems left.

First, there are no signals on the Output pins, so connecting Out3 to Stop, as per instructions, didn't enable the motors. Clicking the Mist, Flood or Spindle buttons on screen toggles the respective "lights" under Show IO, but no signals on physical pins. I had at last just to connect the Stop pin to +5V to enable the motors.

And the second problem is the limits: software - and the board - shows no response to the Limits pins. I've tried to connect the Limits pins to Ground as well as to +5V (via a 1k resistance), but motors didn't stop, the Show IO still all red. If I invert the Limits in Settings, Show IO will show greens, the Machine Position on screen becomes red, but motors would still run!

Andrej, could you kindly help? What might be a problem, anyone in forum could advice? FYI I'm running the latest firmware of 20140612, and the SW has been upgraded to the latest too.

Your help and advice is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Mac Ha
Mac_Ha

Controller: Other

Re: Limits and Outputs not functioning in DIY board?

Postby Support » 08 Sep 2014, 08:06

In "Settings/Axes/Limits"-'Stop' for selected axis should be enabled, then axis will stop on limit switch activation.

Have you folowed these instructions: http://www.planet-cnc.com/faq/enable/

Do you have pull up resistor chain soldered on your Mk1 board?

Send us your settings file.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Postby Mac_Ha » 10 Sep 2014, 08:42

Thank you for quick response. The setting file is attached.
mk1diy_sherlinemill_20140910.setting
(45.81 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

However please note that the screenshots in provided link looks totally different from what I have on screen - possibly the instructions are for older software version, and you need to update them - but as much as I understand I've set everything correctly in the software.

I also have a thought that the resistor chain might be faulty, but will be able to check coming weekend only.

Best regards,
Mac Ha
Mac_Ha

Controller: Other

Postby Support » 10 Sep 2014, 10:39

First make sure everything is properly connected and soldered.
Also be sure that every element on the board is correct and OK.

If you followed the instructions for Ext pin then you would be able to toggle Enable pin with E-stop on Output pin 3.

In Settings/ExtPin/Enable you need to enable ExtPin with "Enable".
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Return to DIY