Moveable sesnor

Machine design, rails, bearings, screws, nuts, couplings, ...

Moveable sesnor

Postby woodyscreations » 23 Mar 2015, 18:41

Hi ive just managed to get my diy machine running, my question is this i dont want a moveable sensor as each piece is programed to a particualr piece of material, which is measured and logged.

When i start a program it moves to tool change position and waits until i have changed it. It then moves to set tool length and does this fine too. Then for some unknown reason it will move to the middle of the workpice and drop until it bottom out(i dont have a z- limit switch)

I am presuming this is because its looking for a touch plate. I tried touching the tool sensor and the program quits.

Is there a way to disable the moveable touch plate.

Reagrds Sean
woodyscreations

Controller: Chinese clone

Re: Moveable sesnor

Postby Support » 24 Mar 2015, 07:31

When working with tool changes please note that is important how your machine was initially set up.
To set machine zero position use tool with normal length and not very short or long tool.

Tutorial for machine setup:
http://www.planet-cnc.com/faq/machine_setup/

Please send us your settings and your g-code program.
Support

Controller: Many controllers

Re: Moveable sesnor

Postby woodyscreations » 25 Mar 2015, 19:21

Ok I figured it in the middle of the Night. I actually woke up with a eureka moment, I remembered seeing somewhere on the forum about a setting autorader.

So at 3 am I rushed downstairs unchecked the box and voila all running. Just a couple of bits to sort like the controller crashing and I'm good to go.

Cheers sean
woodyscreations

Controller: Chinese clone

Return to Mechanics